We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
The Perfect Grade UNLEASHED (PG UNLEASHED) RX-78-2 Gundam is a 1/60 scale kit released in 2020.
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- 2 Beam Sabers
- Core Fighter
- 1/60 Amuro Ray figurine (sitting)
- Fists (1 pair)
- Weapon-holding (1 pair)
- Trigger-finger (1 pair)
- Open-palm (1 pair)
- Beam Rifle
- Light-up Beam Saber hilt
- Testing Battery
- 1/60 Amuro Ray figurine (standing)
- 1/60 Sayla Mass figurine
- Assembly tool for light-up Beam Saber hilt
Kit Features & Gimmicks
- The head can rotate/pivot.
- When slightly pulled up, the torso can tilt back and forth/sideways in a limited extent.
- If slightly pulled out, the shoulder joints can...
- Raise upwards.
- Swing frontwards/backwards.
- The arms can...
- Swing on a peg-and-socket joint.
- Raise horizontally.
- The upper arms can rotate.
- Both the elbows and knees are double-jointed.
- The wrist joints can pivot.
- The Manipulators can swivel on a ball-and-socket joint.
- If the front crotch and rear hip panels are slightly pulled down:
- The waist can rotate 360 degrees as there are provided clearance.
- The legs' vertical movements are expanded.
- Front, side, and rear skirt armors can pivot to avoid interference with the leg articulation.
- The upper thigh joints can swing frontwards/backwards, raise horizontally and/or rotate 45 degrees on each thigh.
- The ankles can pivot and/or tilt sideways (in a limited extent).
- The hands are swappable.
- Each of the weapons must be wielded by their respective hand parts.
- Core Fighter can transform into Core Block and dock with the Gundam.
- Core Fighter's cockpit canopy and/or the missile panels can flip up.
- Core Fighter's landing gears can flip out.
- Beam Rifle's foregrip and scope can swing up or down.
- The scope can additionally rotate on a double-jointed part.
- The foregrip can swing frontward as well.
- The shield's...
- Shutter can be opened and closed with a lever switch.
- Grip can flip out for the left weapon-holding hand to hold.
- The shield can mount onto the backpack for storage via minor parts rearrangement on the latter.
- The poseable mounting arm can be rearranged to provide clearance.
- Beam Rifle can also mount onto the shield's inner section for storage.
- Beam Saber hilt(s) can be optionally removed from the backpack as handheld weapons.
- The light-up hilt can be used as an alternative.
- The various hatches on the RX-78-2 can be opened/flipped up.
- The forehead, camera eyes, and the chest vents can light up by pulling the cockpit hatch then push it back. (Leaving the cockpit pulled out for 1 second will automatically close the LED feature) The LED will automatically turned off if left for 1 minute.
- If the switch is pressed once:
- The eyes and the cockpit/chest intakes light ups in blue and blinks in yellow after it went off.
- If the switch is pressed twice:
- The eyes light ups in pink and blinks in yellow after it went off.
- The cockpit/chest intakes light ups in pink and blinks in red after it went off.
- If the switch is pressed thrice:
- The eyes light cycles between pink and yellow.
- The cockpit/chest intakes pulsates quickly in red.
- If the switch is pressed at the forth time:
- The eyes pulsates quickly in yellow.
- The eyes and the cockpit/chest intakes change from green, bluish-green to blue and vice versa.
- If the switch is pressed for the fifth time, it goes back to stage 1.
- If the switch is pressed once:
- The light-up hilt can also replace the left beam saber hilt to light-up the backpack verniers.
Tips & Tricks
- For better results, some or most of the details (including the figurines) are needed to be applied and panel-lined with Gundam Markers and/or Mr. Color Paints.
- Top coat (Mr. Hobby recommended) can be used to protect applied stickers/marking decals and if any, painted details.
- If using matte/flat-finish top coat, it is advisable not to spray on the clear/translucent and the die-cast parts - can be done by spraying top coat while the said parts are separated.
- LR41 button batteries are required for the main LED unit.
- BR435 Lithium Battery are needed for the light-up Beam Saber hilt.
- The 1/60 Clear Color Body for PG Unleashed RX-78-2 Gundam can be used to replace the external armor parts if one wishes to display it with the inner frame exposed.
Italicized items are exclusives.
- Reprints from mid-2022 onward will also feature the Bandai Namco logo.
- PG UNLEASHED RX-78-2 Gundam (Polarized Coating Ver.) - Bandai China flagship store exclusive
Notes & Trivia
- This Gunpla is...
- First revealed at the Gunpla 40th Anniversary Livestream.
- The second PG kit to be based on the RX-78-2 Gundam.