The Master Grade (MG) RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. 2.0) is a 1/100 scale kit released in 2008.
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- 2 Beam Sabers
- Beam Rifle
- Super Napalm
- Beam Javelin
- Transformable Core Fighter
- 3 Amuro Ray figures (1 civilian, 2 pilot suits)
Kit Features & Gimmicks
- Manipulators feature 3+1+1 articulation.
- Shoulder joints can be pulled out for extra front-and-upwards articulation.
- Arms and Legs feature double-jointed elbow/knee parts for a wider range of articulation.
- Pelvis joint can swing forwards (for extra articulation) and backward.
- Hip joints can:
- Tilt upwards/downwards on each piece.
- Swivel 360 degrees.
- Cockpit hatch can be optionally opened to reveal the Core Fighter and its pilot figurine.
- Core Fighter can convert into Core Block to combine with the Gundam.
- Bazooka can be mounted onto the rear waist armor via a flip-out joint.
- Beam Rifle can be mounted onto the rear waist armor or the shield via a flip-out joint.
- Super Napalm can be mounted onto the Beam Rifle via parts swapping.
- The shield can be mounted onto the backpack.
Tips & Tricks
- For better results, most of the details are needed to be applied and panel-lined with Gundam Markers.
- The middle, ring, pinky fingers can be sliced off for individual articulation. (NOTE: May decrease gripping stability.)
Italicized items are exclusives, while Strikethrough lines are canceled releases.
- Initial releases come with a flyer promoting the upcoming release of the HY2M 1/12 Air Shock Beam Saber accessory.
- MG RGM-79 GM (Ver. 2.0)
- MG Clear Parts Campaign - Released on December 3, 2009, as part of the Gunpla 30th Anniversary MG Clear Parts Campaign, this limited edition Master Grade kit features a new clear colored runner, which consists of the skirt armor parts, a pair of thigh & lower arm armors.
- MG RX-78-3 Gundam "G-3" (Ver. 2.0)
- MG G-Armor (Real Type Color)
MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. 2.0) (Extra Finish Ver.)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. 2.0 Titanium Finish)
- MG FA-78-1 Gundam Full Armor Type
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. 2.0) (Clear Color Version)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver.2.0) (Mechanical Clear Ver.)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. 2.0) (Mechanical Smoked Clear Ver.)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. 2.0) (Real Type Color)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver. 2.0) (Pure Gold Plating Ver.)
- MG RX-78-2 Gundam (Ver.2.0) (China Special)
- MG RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam
- MG PF-78-3A Gundam Amazing Red Warrior
- MG RGM-79SC GM Sniper Custom
- MG RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam
- MG RGM-79SC GM Sniper Custom (Tenneth A. Jung Custom)
Notes & Trivia
- In contrast to the realistic look of other RX-78-2 Gundam kits in the MG line, this kit is more closely related to Kunio Okawara's original line art.
- This was the first MG RX-78-2 Gundam kit to have a Super Napalm accessory.
- This was the second MG RX-78-2 Gundam kit to have a Beam Javelin accessory.
- While being a Ver.2.0 kit, this is the fifth incarnation of the RX-78-2 Gundam in the MG line (after Ver.1.0, Ver.1.5, Ver.Ka, and Ver.One Year War 0079).