This means that this kit/item is very unlikely to see another reissue in the future.
The Master Grade (MG) MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam is a 1/100 scale kit released in 1996.
- Zeta Gundam
- 2 Beam Sabers
- Folded (for Waverider mode)
- Poseable (1 pair)
- Open-palm (1 pair)
- Fists (1 pair)
- 1/100 Kamille Bidan figurine (sitting)
- Beam Rifle
- Hyper Mega Launcher
- 6 Landing Gears
- LED unit
- 1/100 Kamille Bidan figurine (standing)
Kit Features & Gimmicks
- The poseable manipulators feature 3+1+1 articulation on each finger.
- The head can swivel on a ball-and-socket joint.
- The arms can...
- Swing on a rod joint.
- Raise horizontally.
- The upper elbows can turn.
- Both arms and legs feature double-jointed elbow/knee parts.
- Front and side skirt armors can pivot to avoid interference with the leg articulation.
- The hips are ball-jointed, though the rotating articulation is limited.
- The upper thighs can raise horizontally.
- Due to being used with transformation, the front toes can pivot.
- The rear wings are poseable via arm units.
- The hands are swappable.
- Any of the weapons can be wielded by the poseable hands.
- Zeta Gundam can convert into Wave Rider mode. (some parts require swapping.)
- The beam sabers can be optionally detached from rear waist armor as handheld weapons.
- The front forearm panel can flip out to reveal missiles.
- The tail stabilizer can light-up.
- Beam Rifle, Shield/Nosecone, Hyper Mega Launcher can convert into storage mode for Zeta's Wave Rider mode.
- Landing Gear can attach to the Wave Rider mode via parts swapping.
- Two different plastic materials are featured on the Antennae parts.
Tips & Tricks
- For better results, some or most of the details are needed to applied/panel lined with Gundam Markers and/or Mr. Color paints.
- Top coat (Mr. Hobby recommended) can be used to protect applied stickers/marking decals and if any, painted details.
- If using matte/flat-finish top coat, it is advisable not to spray on the clear/translucent and the softer parts - can be done by masking or spraying top coat while the said parts are separated.
- MG MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam (Coating Ver.)
Notes & Trivia
- This was the first transformable MG kit released.
- This was the first MG kit to use LEDs (requires CR1220 battery).
- The stabilizer features pre-printed markings.